2021 Space Grant Scholarship Recipients Announced
The North Dakota Space Grant Consortium, under the direction of the University of North Dakota, made available $7,000 in scholarship funds to students at Dakota College at Bottineau. These funds were awarded to students who show promise in the areas of science, technology, engineering or math (STEM). The goal behind the North Dakota Space Grant Scholarship program is to identify, recruit and retain students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics; to encourage women and underrepresented students to enter these fields of study; and to increase NASA activities and awareness in North Dakota. To qualify for the Space Grant Scholarship, students must show academic excellence, have a sophomore standing, and have education and career interests relevant to STEM.
This year five students from Dakota College at Bottineau were selected to receive this scholarship. The students are pictured in the attached photo with Larry Brooks, Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs, identified left to right:
- Connor Beck – Wolford, ND; AS - Wildlife Management
- Anna Buzzerd – Bottineau, ND; AS – Pre-Engineering
- Sarah Frey – Maxbass, ND; AS - Liberal Arts
- Courtney Herman – Lambert, MT; AS - Veterinary Science
- Alexis Gullett – Bottineau, ND; AA – Health Professions (not pictured)