Steps to Graduate
Please read the following instructions and information carefully as it will help you with your quest to graduate.
All students seeking graduation status must complete the following
- Fulfill all entrance requirements.
- Complete the curriculum outline for intended degree (view our programs)
- Earn a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.00.
- Enrolled in and completed at least 15 credits through Dakota College at Bottineau.
- Complete an application for graduation
- Prior to graduation all finances and academic obligations must be satisfied.
File an Application for Graduation with the DCB Student Services Office
All students who want to graduate must make their intent known by filing an Application for Graduation with the DCB Student Services Office by the semester deadlines listed below. All students filing an application after the deadline will have to pay a $10 late-application fee.Applicants who applied for graduation in a previous term but didn't graduate must file a new application for graduation with the college. All late fees and rules still apply.
Make Your Intent to Walk in the Ceremony Known
Students who wish to participate in the graduation ceremony must make their intentions known on the Application for Graduation form. Through the form, students will place their order for their cap & gown or can purchase souvenir tassels.
Further information on the ceremony can be found in the following document
Commencement Instructions and Procedures
Minot Programs Director
(701) 858-4339; (800) 777-0750, ext. 4339