The mission of the Academic Support Services Department is to provide students with academic and supportive services to help them achieve their academic goals for a quality education in a caring environment.
- Arrange tutoring and mentoring sessions based on student requests for assistance.
- Teach a study skills class to improve the strategies students use to meet academic expectations.
- Assist students with disabilities in securing reasonable accommodations based on documented need.
- Provide career services that include coordination of student work experiences and guidance through career exploration.
- Secure the technology, equipment, and resources needed to meet program objectives.
The Academic Atrium is the area on the Dakota College campus where you can get help as a student. The two main locations are the Library and the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE). Here are the services we offer at the Atrium.
Academic Center for Excellence
- Academic Advising
- Blackboard Assistance
- Career Services
- Disability Support Services
- Math Lab
- Test Proctoring
- Writing Center
CashCourse is a free site provided by the National Endowment for Financial Education® (NEFE®) dedicated to providing money management and basic personal financial planning resources to college students empowering them to make positive and sound decisions to reach their financial goals.