The mission of the Academic Support Services Department is to provide students with academic and supportive services to help them achieve their academic goals for a quality education in a caring environment.
- Arrange tutoring and mentoring sessions based on student requests for assistance.
- Teach a study skills class to improve the strategies students use to meet academic expectations.
- Assist students with disabilities in securing reasonable accommodations based on documented need.
- Provide career services that include coordination of student work experiences and guidance through career exploration.
- Secure the technology, equipment, and resources needed to meet program objectives.
The Academic Atrium is the area on the Dakota College campus where you can get help as a student. The two main locations are the Library and the Academic Center for Excellence (ACE). Here are the services we offer at the Atrium.
Academic Center for Excellence
- Academic Advising
- Career Services
- Disability Support Services
- Math Lab
- Test Proctoring
- Writing Center
GradReady is an interactive online curriculum from Attigo that helps students actively learn about financial wellness topics. Students have multiple learning paths to take including Paying for College, Money Management, and Real World Finances. Students can personalize their experience by connecting to their loan information in the National Student Loan Data System.
The Academic Atrium Team
Assistant Director of Advising and Retention
Administrative Assistant to Advising and Retention
Disability Services Coordinator
Academic Support Coordinator