Welcome to the DCB Information Technology webpage. Here you will find contact information for the IT team and resources pertaining to the IT department. Below is some brief information about the different programs and apps we utilize on campus. Click the app icon for more information. If you have any questions or need assistance, please reach out to us. Our team contact information is below.
TeamViewer allows us access to your computer so that we can provide remote computer troubleshooting.
DUO Mobile is a 2 factor authentication app designed to protect your NDUS and email account.
Office 365 is your access to your email account and full featured Microsoft apps, like Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Quick Help Guide
Contact Jacob Nelson for assistance
Thatcher Hall Room 209
Contact Mike O'Toole for assistance
Thatcher Hall Room 206
Contact Whitley Wyciskalla for assistance
Contact Brad Gangl for assistance
Thatcher Hall Room 206
Firefox is the recommended Web Browser by the Dakota College Information Technology Department. It works best with the online resources that we use here on campus and online.
Recommended Computer Specifications
We get asked often what computer specifications should someone look for when purchasing a new computer. There are many options out there and many laptops and desktops that will get the job done. If you follow our recommendations, you should end up with a computer that will last you several years without slowing down.
- CPU - Intel Core i3 or better OR AMD Ryzen 3 or better (central processing unit)
- RAM - 8GB of RAM or more (random access memory)
- SSD - 250GB or more (solid state drive)**
- OS - Windows 10 or Mac OS X (operating system)
- Built-in webcam for online classes
- 14" screen for best portability or a 15.6" screen for best usability
- Anticipate to spend at least $400-500+ on a laptop or a desktop
**Finding a computer with a SSD instead of a HDD (hard disk drive) is very important. A SSD can read and write 10x quicker and is not prone to mechanical failure. Your computer will run much better.
If you are enrolled in online courses you will be required to have the following technologies available to use for coursework.
- A PC running Windows 7 or better (Windows 10 is recommended)
- A Mac running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or better (10.14 Mojave is recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for a web browser
- Access to highspeed internet (DSL, Cable, Satellite, or Fiber)
- A webcam and microphone is required for most classes
- Office 365 is required and provided through your student email account
- Tablets, phones, Chromebooks, and netbooks will not work for online courses