Dr. Indrani Sasmal
Expertise & Responsibilities
- provide oversight for the financial administration of federal, state, and private grants
- provide oversight and support to faculty and staff with grant funded projects to help assure that they accomplish their approved program initiatives and that the college meets compliance and reporting requirements
- assist faculty and staff in the budget development process for proposed projects and perform budget analysis duties on active grant projects as assigned by the College Business Manager or his/her designee.
- Assist individual grant writers with proposal development
- Take the lead in writing high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
- Effectively manage the process of gathering data and other needed information from college faculty, staff and/or departments for grant applications or proposals
- Serve as a liaison with principals and other departments on issues regarding awarded grants
- Assist Business Office in evaluating the fiscal administration of grant programs
- Provide assistance to project leaders in requesting changes or amendments to approved grants
- Provide leadership and assistance to project leaders in identifying and maintaining records of key project metrics or data
- Assist project leaders in writing summary reports for completed grants
- Lead the process for developing the college’s “Indirect Rate” for federal grants
- Develop a manual with policies and procedures for grant writing and management at DCB
- Develop and maintain a proposal calendar
- Develop an annual grants strategy
- Develop and implement assessment activities for the grants writing and management office to meet college accreditation requirements
- Ph.D. Wildlife Biology, South Dakota State University
- M. S. in Zoology with Specialization in Molecular Genetics, University of Calcutta, India.
- B. S. in Zoology (Major), Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, University of Calcutta, India.