Welcome to Dakota College at Bottineau
Dakota College at Bottineau (DCB) is excited to have you as part of our team. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus community. At DCB, new hire onboarding begins shortly after the acceptance of a position. To ensure an enjoyable experience and a smooth transition, we have outlined the activities for you to become a member of our team.
Before You Arrive on Campus
Following your acceptance of employment, you will receive a series of emails with information for completing the data and systems portion of your onboarding process.
The first email you will receive will have your temporary ID and password along with a link to enter your Personal Data Information.
Once you have completed the Personal Data, you will receive a second email to claim your NDUS User Account. This will set up an @dakotacollege.edu email address and will be used for logging into NDUS accounts in the future. If you already have an NDUS user account, the same website includes links to obtain your user ID and change your password if needed.
After claiming your NDUS User Account, please log into New Employee Onboarding using your user ID and password and follow the instructions to complete the Activity Guide welcoming you to Dakota College at Bottineau.
- Verify Personal details
- Emergency contact
- ACA Form
- Disability Form CC-305
- Ethnic Group
- Documents to Review: * Drug Free Campus * Code of Conduct
- Contact Information - Phone and Email
- Marital status
- Designated Medical provider
- ACA 1095 consent
- Veteran status
- Direct Deposit
- W2 Consent
You will be required to set up Duo Two-Factor Authentication when logging the New Employee Onboarding.
Two-factor authentication protects your university account by adding a second layer of digital security. All DCB employees are required to use Duo Two-Factor Authentication. Phone numbers in the HRMS system are automatically enrolled in DUO.
To add additional phones or set up the available mobile IOS/Android phone app, please visit www.dakotacollege.edu/student-life/computer-services
For more information on Duo Multi-Factor Authentication visit https://guide.duo.com
New employee orientation and Employee Self-Service (ESS) power points provide information on health and retirement benefits and logging into the human resources self-service site. Our goal is to provide you with information, resources, and answers to many of the questions you may have as a new employee. If you have additional questions after reviewing this information, please contact Sandy Hageness located in Thatcher Hall #111, email@example.com | 701-228-5480.
Employment Verification (Form I-9)
- In accordance with U.S. federal law, DCB requires all new employees to verify their identity and employment eligibility, to work in the United States, within three days of commencing work at the university. DCB uses E-Verify to verify citizenship. Contact Immigrant and Employee Rights with questions regarding discrimination 1-800-255-8155. Complete the I-9 on the employee onboarding followed by presenting original documents to copy and verify. Please bring Form I-9 acceptable documents to the Sandy Hageness.
New Faculty are required to provide the following, prior to a contract offered.
- Original Transcript
- Teacher’s Oath, signed in front of a Notary Public
New Hire Activities
Your department is anticipating your arrival with new-employee onboarding and new-hire training. Please keep the following activities in mind as you plan for your first day on campus.
Click here to view our Campus Map
DCB is committed to providing an educational environment where all members of the campus community are treated in a manner that enhances individual well-being.
- Faculty and staff having access to sensitive data at DCB are required to complete Data Privacy training.
- All full-time faculty and staff are required to complete Theft, Fraud, Abuse, Waste, and Code of Conduct available on Blackboard.
- All faculty and staff working with students are required to complete Title IX training available on Safe Colleges.
- All faculty will be provided with Blackboard training.
New employee supervisors will notify you of your first day and expectations:
- Parking Permit
- Office keys
- Employee ID card
- Email signature
- Business cards
- Professional photo
For More Information