Cares Act FAQs
Have you experienced a hardship related to the disruption of DCB on-campus operations due to COVID-19 that resulted in reduced income or extra expenses? If so you may qualify for relief funding.
How do I find out if I am eligible for relief funding?
• Have a valid 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file with DCB. If you have not filed a FAFSA and would like to, please do so immediately. Please let the financial aid office know if you are planning on filing a FAFSA for this reason.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
• Males must be registered with Selective Service, if required.
• Must not be in default, owe a refund or repayment to a federal financial aid program.
• Must be meeting DCB Financial Aid's satisfactory academic progress (SAP) policy.
• Must be enrolled in a degree seeking program.
• Have not been convicted for the sale or possession of an illegal drug offence that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid.
• Cannot have been enrolled 100% in online classes during the spring 2020 semester before March 13, 2020.
• Must have been enrolled during the spring 2020 semester.
• Must be registered for classes during the summer 2020 or fall 2020 semesters.
What eligible expenses should the grant be spent on?
The Federal CARES Act, Section 18004, Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, allows schools to consider students for federal emergency financial aid grants for: expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Eligible expenses under a student's cost of attendance are food, housing course materials, technology, health care and child care.
More information can be found here https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/caresact.html
How much grant will I receive?
The value of this grant may vary based upon your unique circumstances. A grant offered will be paid to you through a mailed check. Federal funding for the Emergency Relief Grant is limited and will be awarded to eligible students meeting the consideration criteria. Submitting an application does not guarantee approval of the requested funds. Once the review is complete, students will receive an email to their email account regarding their grant eligibility.
Will this grant pay any outstanding balances owed at DCB?
No these funds will not be applied to any balance to DCB and will be paid directly to you. Once funds are received, if you elect to apply the funds to your student account, you are encouraged to make payment arrangements with the DCB business office, you may contact them at 701-228-5430.
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting