No library can own all of the materials needed by its users. For that reason, interlibrary loan (ILL) services are available to Dakota College at Bottineau students, faculty and staff whenever needed. There is no charge for library users for this service. The library can borrow materials from other libraries across the country for you to use.
Dakota College at Bottineau has the following policies in place regarding ILL services since there are significant costs to the library for each request:
- You must be an Dakota College at Bottineau student, faculty or staff member
- You must first search for suitable materials at DCB library before asking for ILL's.
- Allow up to a week for materials to arrive. For out-of-state requests, it may take much longer.
- When materials arrive, we will contact you by email or phone for pick up at DCB circulation desk.
- Return ILL materials to the library in a timely manner. The lending library sets the due dates. Any late fines charged to us by the lending library will be passed on to the individual borrowers.
- The library will mail requested materials only to currently registered DCB remote students. Please allow extra time for mail delivery in your "need by date."
- Students are limited to a total of 10 active requests.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17 United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research." If a user makes a reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable to copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order will involve violation of the copyright law.