The mission of the Grants Department is to assist faculty and staff in obtaining grant funding to advance the mission, vision and strategic goals of the college. The department provides overall coordination of grants development and management for programs funded by federal, state and private funds, as well as providing support to faculty and staff to ensure that the college meets compliance and reporting requirements.
- Research grant opportunities from federal, state and private sources.
- Coordinate the process of gathering data and other needed information with college faculty, staff and/or departments for grant applications or proposals.
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, and supporting documents.
- Manage the proposal submission process to ensure timely submission of all required materials
- Serve as a resource for employees who are writing grant applications for various college departments
- Assist the grant project leaders in monitoring compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the grantor.
- Serve as a liaison with principals and other departments on issues regarding awarded grants.
- Maintain records in a database and in paper files to include grant tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate the process for developing the college's "Indirect Rate" for federal grants
- Under the direction of the College Business Manager, assist the college Business Office in processes related to financial administration and reporting of awarded grants, and in responding to special audits conducted by grantor
The Grants Department does not offer grants or scholarships directly to students; those services are provided by the Financial Aid Office.
For More Information
Indrani Sasmal, PhD