RLS 222 - Recreation Program Planning
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: Development of programming skills for recreation programs in various settings, i.e. public, non-profit, and private, with emphasis on planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Schedule: Odd years of fall and odd years of spring semesters. This course follows the on-campus schedule for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: None.
Instructor: Sherry Niesar; email: email@example.com
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: None.
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Develop a working knowledge of basic principles and philosophy of recreation programming.
- Understand how to develop a plan for a recreation program and the process to initiate the program.
- Use assessment techniques to evaluate recreation programs.
- Regular participation in the class is expected.
- Assignments are given to reinforce chapter content. They are practical in nature and require the student to apply new knowledge of chapters.
- Four exams of approximately 30 questions will be given.
- Grades are based on total points earned and include the points earned on assignments and exams.
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- All quizzes and exams can be taken on any computer with Internet access.
- Quizzes and exams can be taken at home, in a library, or any other location that has a suitable testing environment.
- Exams may only be taken during set dates and times. Times are clearly posted on course calendar.
- Each quiz/test will be available for a 36-hour period. Students can take a quiz/test at any time during the 36-hour period.
- Quizzes and tests are given for a limited time only.
- Each quiz/test will be available for a limited period of time (10-60 minutes) depending upon the number of questions.
- A comprehensive final project is given the last three weeks of class.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.