PPTH 255 Plant Disease Management
3 Semester Hour Credits
Plant Disease Management is an introductory course to plant pathology.
It is expected that student will be able to identify:
Graded and Ungraded Work Expectations:
- What type of organisms cause plant diseases.
- What types of plant diseases affect plants.
- How plants interact with pathogens.
- How people influence disease epidemics.
- Plant diseases and ways to prevent or manage them.
Each chapter of the book has a corresponding quiz and lab assignment. All work will be submitted using Moodle, and all work will be graded.
Exam Procedures and Policies:
- How: taken online
- When: taken anytime
- Where: At any computer with Internet access
- Conditions: No time limit.
- Expectations: There are a total of 11 chapter quizzes consisting of approximately 15 matching type questions. Each quiz is worth around 30 points. There is no comprehensive final exam.
All assignments and tests are done online. Students will not need to submit materials via the U.S. Postal Service or by fax. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Students must have access to a computer with Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher or with Netscape 4.0 or higher. In addition, students will need to download a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Title: Essential Plant Pathology
Author: Schumann and D’Arcy
Publisher: APS Press
Edition/Year: 2nd edition 2010
Approximate Cost $90