A collaborative student is a student who is earning their degree from Dakota College at Bottineau (DCB), but will be taking a course(s) at another NDUS institution within the same term. DCB will be the "home institution" and the other NDUS institution will be considered the "provider institution".
By registering as a collaborative student, you agree to the following:
- You have been admitted to DCB as a degree-seeking student.
- You may not enroll as a collaborative student when you are not registered on the home campus, but not for more than one consecutive semester, unless approved by the home campus.
- You are required to follow the drop and withdraw procedures at DCB. You will need to e-mail email@example.com indicating which course you intend to drop. The add/drop dates at DCB apply to both home and provider institution courses.
- It is your responsibility to have met all pre-requisites as set by the provider campus.
- The credits taken as a collaborative student are essentially transfer credits from the provider institution and do not count toward the residency requirements from DCB.
- You will pay all tuition and fees to DCB, either through financial aid or on your own, by the published fee payment dates.
- To make any changes to your schedule you must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Collaborative students have a hold placed on their file. This hold will not allow you to make changes to your schedule.
As part of your collaborative registration, Dakota College at Bottineau will complete the following on your behalf:
- Credits taken at provider campus(es) will be combined with credits at DCB for financial aid purposes.
- Tuition owed to your provider institution will be added to your bill at DCB.
- Your credits from provider institutions will automatically be transferred to DCB at the end of the semester.
Once you have submitted the registration form, your status will be verified to make sure that you are eligible to take these courses collaboratively. A request will be sent to the provider institution and they will register you in Campus Solutions. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 1 to 2 weeks after the registration has been completed. You are not registered until you receive this confirmation e-mail. Completion of the registration form does not guarantee registration into the requested course(s). However, if the request(s) cannot be processed, you will be notified at the e-mail address you provide. Due to time needed to process collaborative registrations, we strongly encourage you to submit your registration in a timely manner!