CIS 104 - Microcomputer Database
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: Acquaints students with database design including data entry, storage and retrieval.
Schedule: Spring, and summer semesters. This course follows the traditional on-campus calendar for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: None.
Instructor: Kayla O'Toole
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: Microsoft Access 2010 and Windows 7 software is required.
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Create and manage information using computer technology
- Organize, distribute, and store information using database software
- Apply concepts learned to independent challenge problems
- Interpret and synthesize information resulting in solutions to problems
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of database software
- Integrate database records with other business documents correctly and accurately
- Regular participation in the class is expected.
- Independent work involves reading the textbook and written lecture notes and viewing the PowerPoint presentations.
- Graded assignments include completion of tutorials and assignments from the textbook, participation in class discussion, and submission of a final project.
- No exams or quizzes are given.
- Grades are based on total points earned from the graded assignments and the final project.
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- Exams are taken online within the course.
- There will be a quiz due each week. There will be one midterm and one final test.
- Exams may be taken at any computer with Internet access. Hence, students need to set up or select an environment conducive for testing. (e.g. distraction-free area at home, a computer lab in a library, etc.)
- Exams are not proctored.
- Exams consist of multiple choice questions.
- Each quiz will be worth 10 points, the midterm and final will be worth 100 points each.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.