BOTE 247 - Spreadsheet Applications
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: Intermediate and advanced use of application software for creation of spreadsheets, graphs, slide shows, databases and macros. Integration with other software application is also reviewed.
Schedule: Fall, spring, and summer semesters. This course follows the traditional on-campus calendar for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: None.
Instructor: Kayla O'Toole
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: Microsoft Excel 2010 and Windows 7 software is required.
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Create and manage information using computer technology.
- Understand, organize, and apply the fundamentals of Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Apply concepts learned to independent challenge problems.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel 2010.
- Create spreadsheets for business use as well as personal use.
- Regular participation in the class is expected.
- Independent work involves reading the textbook and written lecture notes and viewing the PowerPoint presentations.
- Graded assignments include completion of tutorials and assignments from the textbook, participation in class discussion.
- There will be a short quiz after each chapter, a midterm, and a final test.
- Grades are based on total points earned from the graded assignments, quizzes, and tests.
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- Exams are taken online within the course.
- There will be a quiz due each week. There will be one midterm and one final test.
- Exams may be taken at any computer with Internet access. Hence, students need to set up or select an environment conducive for testing. (e.g. distraction-free area at home, a computer lab in a library, etc.)
- Exams are not proctored.
- Exams consist of multiple choice questions.
- Each quiz will be worth 10 points, the midterm and final will be worth 100 points each.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.