BIOL 124 - Environmental Science
4 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: A study of the effects that humans and technology have on the environment. This introductory course is suited for non- life science majors.
Schedule: Fall and spring semesters. This course follows the traditional on-campus schedule for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: None
Instructor: Chuck Lura
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: None
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of scientific principles pertinent to environmental issues.
- Identify and explain the major environmental issues of today.
- Describe how environmental factors influence societies and visa versa.
- Explain how and why society addresses environmental issues.
- Regular participation in the class is expected.
- Graded quizzes/tests: Four one-hour exams of approximately 50 questions each will be given (100 points); quizzes of 10 questions each will be given weekly. (10 points)
- Complete weekly lab assignments. (10 points)
- Grades: Grades are based on total points earned.
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- All quizzes and exams can be taken on any computer with Internet access.
- Students should select a distraction-free environment conducive for testing.
- Tests and quizzes will be available for a 24-hour period on a date set by the instructor. Students can take a quiz/test at any time during the 24-hour period.
- Each quiz/test will be available for a limited period of time (15-60 minutes) depending upon the number of questions.
- Quizzes worth 10 points each will be given weekly; quizzes have objective questions or fill-in-the-blank/short answer questions.
- Four exams worth 100 points each will be given; each exam has approximately 50 objective questions; the fourth exam (which is not comprehensive) serves as the final exam.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.