BADM 240 - Sales
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: This course provides the student with an introduction to the basic principles, concepts and theories of selling and their application to the actual sales presentation. Special attention is given to the sales process and both verbal and non-verbal communication techniques.
Schedule: Spring semester. This course follows the traditional on-campus schedule for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: None
Instructor: Keri Keith
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: None
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Develop a problem-solving approach to the needs of potential buyers as well as incur a better understanding of their personal, status, and emotional needs.
- Analyze and explain why a given selling technique or sales presentation should or should not work in a particular buyer-seller interaction.
- Apply the selling theories, concepts, and principles in selling situations
- Communicate more effectively in interpersonal interactions with employees, peers, prospects, and buyers.
- Develop professional sales presentations for buyers ranging from individual consumers to organizational buying committees.
- Work as successful sales representatives with a professional code of behavior.
- Independent work (not graded): Reading assignments
- Graded assignments: A recorded sales presentation
- Graded quizzes/tests: Four quizzes and four exams will be given
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- Quizzes and exams can be taken on any computer with Internet access
- Students need to select a suitable testing environment such as a distraction-free area at home, a computer lab at a library, etc.
- Each quiz/test will be available for a week set by the instructor. Students can take a quiz/test at any time during that week. Exams must be completed between set dates/times.
- Exams and quizzes are comprised of multiple choice matching questions.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.