BADM 214 - Entertainment Marketing
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: Course is designed to include an exploration of the effective marketing and promotion of sports, entertainment, travel and tourism products. Discussion topics include: promotion, endorsements, sales, campaigns and marketing.
Schedule: Spring semester. This course follows the traditional on-campus schedule for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: BADM 201 - Principles of Marketing
Instructor: Keri Keith
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Identify important promotional concepts and be able to apply them.
- Identify the primary elements of the promotional mix.
- Produce promotional materials consisting of all the primary elements of the promotional mix.
- Understand and implement integrated marketing communications.
- Clarify entertainment organizations' needs and goals.
- These course objectives meet the following MSU-B General Education Goals; #1, to develop the ability to communicate, #2, to develop thinking skills, #8, and #9, to develop lifelong learning skills.
- Independent work (not graded): Reading assignments.
- Graded assignments: Four primary assignments that must be mailed to the instructor.
- Graded quizzes/tests: One quiz and one exam will be given.
- Grades: Grades are based on the primary assignments (80%) and the quiz and exam (20%).
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- The quiz and exam may be taken on any computer with Internet access.
- Students need to select a testing environment conducive for testing such as a distraction-free area at home, a computer lab at a library, etc.
- The quiz/test will be available for one week set by the instructor. Students can take the quiz/test at any time during that week. Exams must be completed between the set dates/times.
- Exams and quizzes are comprised of multiple choice matching questions.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.