BADM 201 - Principles of Marketing
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: This is an introductory course which incorporates both traditional and contemporary aspects of marketing. Topics include environmental analysis and marketing research, consumer analysis, product (service) planning, distribution planning, price planning, promotion planning, social responsibility, and overall marketing implementation.
Schedule: Fall semester. This course follows the traditional on-campus schedule for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to the campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: None
Instructor: Keri Keith
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: None
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Identify important marketing concepts and be able to apply them.
- Analyze and critically discuss important marketing issues.
- Analyze and discuss diversity as it affects marketing.
- Understand that marketing is truly all around us and affects everyone.
- Identify and effectively communicate the marketing process.
- Understand consumer behavior and target markets.
- Develop a basic marketing plan.
- Independent work (not graded): Reading assignments
- Graded assignments: Two written assignments
- Graded quizzes/tests: Four quizzes and four exams will be given
- Grades: Grades are based on total points earned and include the points earned on review quizzes
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- Quizzes and exams can be taken on any computer with Internet access
- Students need to select a suitable testing environment conducive for testing such as a distraction-free area at home, a computer lab at a library, etc.
- Each quiz/test will be available for a week set by the instructor. Students can take a quiz/test at any time during that week. Exams must be completed between set dates/times.
- Exams and quizzes are comprised of multiple choice matching questions.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.