ASC 087- College Writing Preparation
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: A precollege writing course that prepares students for College Composition 110. Provides instruction in writing error-free sentences, solid paragraphs and well-organized essays.
Schedule: Fall, spring and summer semesters.This course follows the traditional on-campus schedule for beginning & end dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to campus at any time.
Prerequisite Courses: None
Instructor: Faye Bernstein
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: None
Course Objectives: It is expected that students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the rules of grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and usage.
- Write clear, error-free sentences.
- Write topic sentences for paragraphs.
- Use details and examples to support topic sentences.
- Write solid paragraphs
- Complete weekly assignments
- Take weekly tests
- Complete writing assignments
- Take final test
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- All tests are timed and have to be taken in the sequence presented
- Tests cannot be retaken
- Tests are taken online and should be completed in a quiet environment
- Each exam is available for a limited period of time
- Tests can be taken at any time between designated dates and hours
- Tests are from 5-30 minutes long
- Tests consist of true/false, multiple-choice, and short answer questions
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.