Dakota College at Bottineau Procedure for Articulation of Department of DefenseEarly Childhood Training Module
Degree seeking students enrolled in the Child Caregiver Services program who successfully complete designated Department of Defense Early Childhood Training Modules can apply for college credit for related courses in the Child Caregiver program. The student’s grade will be determined by successful completion of the designated modules as reported on Air Force form, AFINT 1098, and by assessments administered by DCB.
To have the Department of Defense Early Childhood Training accepted for college credit, students must do the following:
- Apply for and be accepted for admission at Dakota College at Bottineau. This process requires a $35 admission fee.
- Designate the Child Caregiver Services program as a major/degree. This information is requested on the DCB Admission form.
- Successfully complete the modules that correspond to a designated course in the Child Caregiver Services program, and request that your trainer submit an AFINT 1098 form to the program advisor for each related module.
- EC 236 Social/Emotional Development & Guidance (3 credits)- Modules 8, 9, 10, 14, 15
- EC 209 Learning Environments for Children (3 credits) - Modules 1, 2, 3
- EC 233 Pre-K Methods & Materials (3 credits) – Modules 4, 5, 6, 7
- EC 238 Home, School & Community Relations (3 credits) - Modules 11, 12, 13
- Prior to the last day to add a class during the fall or spring semester, complete and submit the online Application for Attached Credit. (See the campus Academic Calendar for the specific date.) Submitting this document registers you in the class.
- Pay the attached credit fee of $30/credit before the Fee Payment date as stated on the campus Academic Calendar. The attached credit fee is non-refundable.
- Communicate with the course instructor regarding activities that must be completed in addition to the AF modules to meet the course objectives. Examples of activities include projects, reports, portfolios, etc.
- Coursework not submitted by the end of the semester will be handled following the campus policy for incompletes.