Dakota College at Bottineau Procedure for Articulation of the CDA (Child Development Associate)
Degree seeking students enrolled in a ND University System (NDUS) college or university who are also recipients of the Child Development Associate credential (CDA) through the National Council for Professional Development can convert that training to college credit using the process outlined below. The articulated credit will be awarded by Dakota College at Bottineau and the student’s grade will be determined through exams administered by Dakota College at Bottineau.
To have the CDA credential accepted for college credit, students must do the following:
- Apply for and be accepted for admission at Dakota College at Bottineau.
- This process requires a $35 admission fee.
- DCB students must designate the Child Caregiver Services program as a major/degree. This information is entered on the DCB Admission form.
- Submit the online CDA Application for Attached Credit prior to the last day to add a class during the fall or spring or summer semester (See the DCB Academic Calendar for the specific date.) Submitting this document registers you in the following classes for which college credit will be awarded. (Do not enroll using ConnectND.)
- EC 236 Social/Emotional Development & Guidance (3 credits)
- EC 210 Intro to Early Childhood Education (3 credits)
- EC 211 Pre-Professional Experience (2 credits)
- Pay to the attached credit fee of $30/credit to Dakota College at Bottineau before the Fee Payment date as stated on the DCB Academic Calendar. The attached credit fee is non-refundable.
- Mail a copy of a current CDA certificate to Dakota College at Bottineau’s Caregiver Program Advisor. Expired certificates are not valid for this program.
Caregiver Services Program Advisor
Dakota College at Bottineau
105 Simrall Boulevard
Bottineau, ND 58318
- Communicate with the Caregiver Program Advisor regarding the course exams that must be completed to meet the course objectives.
- Exams not submitted by the end of the semester will be handled following the campus policy for incompletes.