The individual in this position performs work directly related to management of the financial affairs of the institution. In carrying out assignments, the director is expected to exercise discretion, independent judgment, and direct the work of others.
The director sets policies, goals, and objectives for the financial affairs division of the college and along with colleagues determines the procedures used to carry out a course of action. The director develops programs; motivates staff; answers procedural questions; meets with administrators, faculty, and staff; and prepares and monitors the college budget. The person in this position must possess the managerial abilities to make sound decisions, organize work effectively and efficiently, establish good working relationships with employees, keep attuned to student needs, and seek creative and innovative methods to accomplish the college mission. The director acts as the chief business and fiscal officer for the college. Specific duties and responsibilities are listed as follows:
- Responsible for the proper handling of all funds as well as the accounting and financial reporting of all college functions
- Provide quality customer oriented business services and administrative expertise for Dakota College.
- Develop and maintain a physical plant environment that is conducive to learning and living, e.g., custodial services, upkeep of building and grounds
- Secure and administer computer and telecommunication services
- Oversee a comprehensive bookstore, a dining service that contracts with Sodexo, Inc., and along with the Student Services Office, a student center operation
- Administer, track, and evaluate campus safety, security, and risk management
- Computer hardware and software aptitude, interpersonal/oral communication/written communication skill, customer service and detail oriented, collegiality
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or fiscal affairs, e.g., accounting, management, administration
- Background in plant services
- Supervisory experience
- Three years’ experience as a Chief Fiscal Officer
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualifications
- Experience with ConnectND software
- Experience working at a post-secondary educational institution
- Responsibility for an organizational budget of at least $6,000,000
Open, depending on experience.
As soon as possible after appointment.
Screening of applications will begin on August 22, 2014, and will continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background investigation prior to employment.
Submit a letter of application, DCB employment application, resume, college transcript, and the names and telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Download an Employment Application in Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word Format.
Dakota College at Bottineau is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability. As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Dakota College at Bottineau is fully committed to equal opportunity in employment decisions and educational programs and activities, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status or veteran's status.
Dakota College at Bottineau abides by the requirements of Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Age Discrimination Act of 1975 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Inquiries concerning compliance may be directed to the college's Equal Opportunity Officer (Hattie Albertson, Thatcher Hall, 701-228-5454) or the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, telephone 312-730-1560, fax 312-353-4888, Web www.ed.gov.
Inquiries concerning the Americans with Disabilities Act may be directed to Kara Bowen, Thatcher Hall, (701)228-5432.
ND Human Resource Management Services