ACCT 215 - Business in the Legal Environment
3 Semester Hour Credits
Course Description: The legal environment of business, governmental regulation, contracts and property.
Schedule: Fall and spring semesters.This course follows the traditional on-campus schedule for beginning and ending dates.
Delivery Method: Online. Students are not expected to come to campus anytime.
Prerequisite Courses: None
Instructor: Swain Benson
Contact Information: Faculty Directory
Textbook: Book Information through the DCB Bookstore.
Other Materials: None
- It is expected that students will be able to identify and understand specific legal issues that may arise in the business environment.
Exams - Policies & Procedures:
- Regular participation in the class is expected. Students are expected to read all assigned chapters, listen to all online lectures, and complete the self-study exercises.
- Graded assignments: None
- Graded quizzes/tests: Ten one-hour exams of approximately 35-50 questions will be given.
- Grades: Grades are based on total points earned from the exams.
Technology Required: Click here to view our technology required page.
- Student progress and understanding are evaluated through a number of timed, online exams.
- Exams consist of matching, multiple choice and true and false questions.
- There are 10 exams upon which grades will be determined.
- Links to each exam are found in the content area of the course and on the course calendar.
- When you look at the course calendar, the specific exam will be released to you on the date shown and that exam will be available for 72 hours. You MUST take the exam during this time block.
Also, the exams are timed.
- Once you begin to take the exam, you will have 1 hour to complete it, so plan accordingly.
- Once you begin an exam, you must finish it during that hour.
- You will not be given another opportunity to take a particular exam, absent special circumstances and consent from the instructor.