community, Dakota College at Bottineau emphasizes nature and technology to accomplish
its mission through an array of curricula, programs, and services.
• Liberal arts education provides students the knowledge and tools to continue their
education, to serve as good stewards of the environment, and to function as responsible
• Career/technical education provides students with the knowledge and skills required
to succeed by utilizing natural, human, and technological resources.
• Distance delivery provides students increased access to education and career opportunities.
• Community education provides diverse life-long learning experiences.
• Support services provide opportunities for individual growth and success.
• Campus activities provide for interpersonal development.
• Campus outreach provides area schools and groups access to college resources.
• Workforce training and development provides the human resources for economic
• All programs provide a greater understanding of human diversity.
Dakota College at Bottineau’s curricula, programs, and services take students beyond nature
and technology and leave them with an ethic of concern and care for the natural world.
“Dakota College at Bottineau is rooted in the past and grows towards the future by
combining the best from the Past, Present, and Future to provide students with
innovative educational opportunities. The campus will emphasize a knowledge and
, implement a rapidly changing
, and prepare students
and improve the quality of life.”
Dakota College at Bottineau values students, considers their needs and
interests, and makes sincere efforts to respond positively to those needs and interests.
Dakota College at Bottineau community members take pride in their
work and strive for academic and professional excellence.
Dakota College at Bottineau values innovation and quality as it serves the
learning needs of its various constituencies.
Respect and Responsibility
: Dakota College at Bottineau acknowledges, understands,
and supports the rights of others to express their ideas. Individual responsibility is
integral to civil discourse, which enables meaningful learning experiences and informed
: Dakota College at Bottineau supports and embraces diversity, which enriches
the quality of the learning experience.
History and Mission